Feeling Stuck? Emotions Out Of Control?
There Is A Path Forward!
A Workshop from Psychotherapist & Trauma Specialist Matthias J. Barker
“Whether you feel chaotic and helpless and unsure of how to fix it…or you’d simply like to better understand your emotional responses, I can show you, in simple terms, how trauma impacts your physiology, and how you can address this to move forward in a stronger, more meaningful way…even if feels hard right now.”
–Matthias J. Barker
If you’d like a time-tested plan to get out of overwhelm…relieve stress, anxiety, and worry…and gain more autonomy in healing from past traumas…then I could not be happier that you’re here right now.
Here’s the story:
My name is Matthias Barker. I’m a professional psychotherapist with clinical experience in dealing with complex traumas.
Here’s why this is important for you:
Trauma “Rewires” How We Engage With The Parts Of Our Lives That Matter Most
According to the latest research…
Trauma can almost be seen as “hijacking” the very parts of your brain you need to feel whole and recover from the experience.
The “invisible” effects of trauma include…
- A feeling of being out of control – it’s not obvious why your body and emotions are rebelling against your deepest desires
- Feeling disconnected from your most important relationships and not knowing how to communicate your needs
- Numbness or emotional distance in the areas of life that matter most to you
- Relentless anxiety and stress That is impervious to logical explanations
- Emotional fatigue and feeling like most people don't understand what you're going through
If you’ve ever experienced any of the above, you’re not alone.
Many people today are struggling but they’re nervous to enter counseling.
It can be intimidating to bring up the worst thing that ever happened to you to a stranger.
Maybe you’re not sure where to start.Or maybe you’re working to get better…
But it feels like an impossible task.
The above is why I created the Trauma Workshop.
It’s designed to give you insight into how trauma affects your body, and provide you with practical tools you can use as soon as today to address its biological imprint.
To be clear:
At no point will you be asked to recollect memories of traumatic events or “process the trauma” in this workshop. Processing should be done with someone trusted and safe (ideally a licensed psychotherapist with training in trauma recovery).
Instead, the workshop will help you discover practical skills you need to work your way down that path.
You’ll better understand why your body is reacting the way it is.
And you’ll know what you can do in response to panic attacks, nightmares, and some other ways trauma disrupts your body.
My teaching style is approachable, not filled with psychobabble, backed by the latest research, and offers step-by-step instructions.
You don’t need a master’s degree to understand and put it to use.
And you don’t need to leave your “safety zone” to benefit from it.
To help you decide if it’s for you…
Here’s A Sample Of Topics Covered In The Workshop:
- How to engage with and understand your emotional responses with more power (And why, in cases of trauma, fear, anger, depression, numbness, and self-loathing tend to take over)
- What emotions are…and their roots both in past experiences and the brain (The way we construct what’s happening around us has a huge impact on our emotions)
- How trauma uniquely inhibits certain brain functions and imposes health risks (And some practical ways you can start to mitigate this and find the strength to move forward)
- The steps you can take to feel stable enough emotionally to discuss traumatic events without getting retraumatized
- New ways to respond to your body’s signals mindfully (If you’ve ever felt anxious or nervous in a situation where you know you shouldn’t, this will help you get in touch with why this happens and how to respond).
- The eye-opening statistics around childhood traumas and their connection to health (And why, if you’re experiencing health issues, there’s hope you can address those things in your body)
- 3 simple, yet practical ways to begin to untangle the neurological impact of trauma
- Proven techniques for increasing psychological flexibility (Includes simple ways you can be more resilient in the face of everything that is going on in your life)
- Why simply trying to force yourself into feeling better doesn’t work (If you’ve ever tried, you know this already. Here are some real solutions for what to do instead)
- The latest science and neuroanatomy on trauma and the effects of trauma on the brain (What this means for you…and simple ways you can use this information to re-engage those parts of the brain impacted by trauma)
- Simple routines and habits to help you improve parts of the brain you need to function better as a whole
- How to practice breathing and meditation if you want to address feelings of anxiety and depression
- The details about how to turn points of pain and stress into something like a “teacher” (Or convert what seems like a physiological tormentor into a guide)
- How to achieve more mastery and control in places that feel vulnerable (This is how you build a foundation which you can use to process the trauma without getting re-traumatized)
- And much more…
There’s just a “sneak preview” of what you’ll discover in the Trauma Workshop.
It’s not just a bunch of theory either.
You’ll be getting concrete, actionable steps you can use to start to get better, express more clearly how you feel to loved ones, and respond to what you’re feeling in a more meaningful way.
The Trauma Workshop is a recorded fifty-minute lecture and a thirty-minute Q&A session where individual questions were submitted during the live webinar.
You’ll get up to speed with some of the core concepts in the science and psychology of trauma. And with that, my hope is you’ll be an “informed consumer” when seeking a local therapist.
Here’s a taste of what was covered during the Q&A:
- A simple tip to engage partners in your healing process (Even if you’ve struggled with feeling heard in the past)
- Key strategies for finding your center when the wounded parts of you start to take over.
- Ways to respond to your kids when you’re not at your best and you feel triggered.
- Clear and straightforward advice on how to deal with childhood trauma when it affects intimacy in your marriage or relationship.
If you order today, you'll get instant access to start watching now for just
Plus, I’ll also send you a special free gift:
The Trauma Workshop Guide
This hands-on guide in downloadable PDF format will walk you through step-by-step the most important concepts covered in the workshop, as well as provide you with simple assessments and exercises you can use to take more control of your own healing process.
A $35 Value…
It’s yours FREE, if you order today.
Getting started is easy, too.
Simply click the button below and you’ll be taken to our shopping cart. Then, simply fill in your information (which doesn’t take long) and you’ll be sent a link via email to view the workshop and download your free guide.
All of which means you could be watching it just minutes from now, if you want.
Life’s too short to NOT be at your best when it matters.
There is a path forward for you.
Click the button below right now:
Meet Matthias Barker
Hi, I’m Matthias. I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and I've been formally trained for treating high-acuity sexual trauma and problematic sexual behavior.
I discovered psychotherapy during a crisis in my 20s that led to processing my own struggle with depression and childhood trauma. Today, I love seeing the principles that saved my life help others too.
I'm about showing you how to move towards what's meaningful in the midst of hardship. My clinical practice is based in Nashville, Tennessee where I specialize in treating childhood trauma and marital issues.
I wanted to make this workshop available for people that don't have access to counseling or feel that counseling is too intense of a step to take in their process right now. You’ll find it to be a good (and safe) introduction to the idea of trauma treatment.